|14-07-2021||২০২০-২০২১-শিক্ষাবর্ষের উদ্ভোধনী ক্লাস নোটিস -১||Open|
|14-07-2021||২০২০-২০২১-শিক্ষাবর্ষের উদ্ভোধনী ক্লাস নোটিস -২||Open|
|01-07-2021||ভর্তির সময় বর্ধিত করণের প্রজ্ঞাপন||Open|
|01-06-2021||2020-2021 Session Admission Notice 1st Batch MBBS||Open/Download as PDF|
|25-09-2021||চাকুরীর আবেদন ফরম||Open/Download as PDF|
MD. AL AMIN
PA to Principal
South Apollo Medical College, Barishal.
Mobile: +880 1324 165611
This page is under construction
South Apollo Medical College (SAMC) is the first and only private medical college in the Barishal division. After a long pause government has permitted only one private medical college this year (2021) to offer MBBS course at our South Apollo Medical College. The medical college and hospital were visited several times by the ministry of health and family welfare, the directorate of medical education, and Dhaka University. They are highly satisfied as we fulfill all requirements set up by the government to establish a private medical college and hospital. As a result this medical college is approved by the ministry of health and family welfare and the affiliated institute of the University of Dhaka.
South Apollo Medical College is situated at Jagua, Kalijira, Barishal, within Barishal City Corporation. It is situated only about 2 k.m. from Rupatoli Bus station. The campus is large, green, pollution-free well organized. College, hospital and students’ accommodations are on the same campus.
Most importantly our faculties are highly qualified and experienced in medical teaching. We have among us the most eminent and renouned retired professor and eight ex-principal from different prestigious government medical colleges. So, the medical students of this medical college will get sufficient impetus for high-quality education and practical exposure from highly competent faculty at each level.
- Permission by the ministry of health and family welfare, the government of the people’s republic of Bangladesh.
- Affiliation by the University of Dhaka.
- To produce health professionals with essential up-to-date knowledge, skills, dedication, and professionalism to successfully continue their profession and pursue a carrier to better serve the nation through health promotion, prevention, treatment, and medical research.
- To provide both primary as well as speciality health care in a specific field in the community.
- To develop future health care leaders.
The mission of SAMC is to turn out Competent, Compassionate, reflective, and dedicated healthcare professional who:
- Consider the care and safety of their patients their first concern.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with patients, their attendants, and colleagues.
- Are capable of dealing with common diseases and health problems of the country and are willing to serve the community particularly the rural community but at the same time acquire a firm basis for future training, service, and research at both national and international levels.
- Are committed to keeping their knowledge and skill up-to-date through ‘Continuous Professional development all through their professional life.
- The Campus:
South Apollo Medical College and Hospital spreads over 11 acres of lush green campus enveloped with natural beauty and environment. Indeed the peaceful campus provides a pollution free healthy environment for modern method of teaching and learning.
- College building:
The attractive College Building with modern architectural design accommodates spacious corridors, air-conditioned Lecture Galleries with modern technology, Museum, Demonstration Rooms, Common rooms, Library and well equipped laboratory for each department. The area of each floor is 35000 sq feet. Basic Science departments are accommodated within main College Building.
- Lecture galleries:
The college has two spacious gallery with an accommodation of 100 students in each. It is well equipped with multimedia, sound system, computer and other audiovisual facilities.
We have 14(fourteen) tutorial rooms with comfortable seating arrangement.
The library has enough floor space to accommodate a large reading room for present and future students. It is well stocked with a sufficient number of the latest edition test books of various branches of medical science. Our library subscribes to many national and international journals on medical and allied subjects. A separate Conner for teachers is also available. We will provide wireless internet connectivity & I T corner very soon.
- Common room and Cafeteria:
We have separate common rooms for male and female students in 1st floor well equipped for indoor games.
The college has its own cafeteria in ground floor with a range of balanced, nutritious and healthy food items.
- Department of Anatomy: It has spacious dissection hall, museum, well equipped histology lab, tutorial rooms, office and chambers for teachers and staffs. Head of department is Prof. Dr. Md. Golam Rahman, Ex-Principal Patuakhali medical College and Ex-head of department Sher-e-bangla medical college, Barishal. Other teachers are also qualified and experienced.
- Department of Physiology: It has a well-equipped spacious laboratory, tutorial rooms, office and chambers for teachers and staffs. Teachers are qualified and long experience in this department.
- Department of Biochemistry: It has a well-equipped spacious laboratory, tutorial rooms, office and chambers for teachers and staffs. Teachers are qualified and long experience in this department.
- Department of Community medicine: It is equipped with teaching materials, a tutorial room, office and chambers for teachers and staff. Teachers are vast experience and qualified.
There are separate accommodations for male and female students.
The college with a huge land area has adequate facilities for recreation and a playground with sports materials for the students. Both indoor and outdoor sports facilities will available. At SAMC, we develop students to initiate, organize and participate in co-curricular activities like cultural programs, debate, etc.
- The Hospital:
At present, there is a 250 bedded multi-disciplinary general hospital to serve all sections of people by providing essential, and specialized health care services, as well as, practical teaching for the students. The number of hospital beds and other special services will be increased to more than 500 beds gradually.
The main hospital building with a total of 1,00,005 sqr feet area accommodates outpatient department, cabin, general wards, large well equipped OT complex, modern diagnostic lab, radiology & Imaging department, consultant chambers reception, office, and others. The hospital has its own transportation to serve patients and doctors. We provide dedicated service to patients by qualified doctors, well-trained experienced nurses, and other health workers. We have our own pharmacy on the ground floor of the hospital building. The eminent professors, consultants, surgeons of the Barishal division are available here to ensure the best services to the hospital and medical college.
Admission in MBBS course in public and private medical college is under direct control of the ministry of health and family welfare. The admission test conducted by DGME, Mohakhali, Dhaka. DGME (Director of medical education and HMPD) published the name and the merit list to eligible students each year.
Only the students who are listed in the merit list of DGME (obtaining a minimum 40 marks in the admission test) are eligible to apply for admission to a private medical college.
|Selection for Admission in South Apollo Medical College:|
- Principal, South Apollo Medical College invites application for admission in MBBS course in this college from the selected merit list published by DGME in proper time as directed by the Director medical education and HMPD.
- Students will be selected only on the basis of merit among the applicants as per national merit list published by DGME.
- Other criteria for admission as directed by the Ministry of health and family welfare e.g. poor and meritorious quota, freedom fighters quota are strictly to be followed.
- Interested candidates have to apply in prescribed application form available in college office on payment of taka 1000/- (non-refundable) during office period.
- Following documents to be enclosed along with the application.
- Four copies of recent passport size and Two copies stamp size color photographs (one to be affixed with application form)
- Attested photocopies of Academic Transcripts /Mark Sheet/Certificates of SSC & HSC or equivalent Examinations.
- Attested photocopy of Equivalence Certificate from DGME (applicable for ‘O’/’A’ level students).
- Download copy of the merit position published by the DGME.
- Admit Card of admission test (photocopy).
- Original Money Receipt of Taka 1000/- (One thousand).
- For children of Freedom Fighter Quota: Certificate issued by Bangladesh Muktijoddha Sangshad from 1997-2001 duly countersigned by the then Prime Minister of Certificate signed by Minister/State Minister/Secretary of the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs.
- List of finally selected candidates will be duly notified in college notice board and our website- www.samcb.edu.bd. A short waiting list will also be published.
|Admission in South Apollo Medical College:
The selected students will have to take admission by the announced date and time. Otherwise their selection will be cancelled and their seat will be filled up by students from waiting list on merit basis.
- The selected candidates have to apply to Principal South Apollo Medical College (Prescribed) and fill up a prescribed form.
- During admission students must have to submit following original documents and will be retained by college authority (till verification by board).
(I) Academic transcripts (Original) of SSC and HSC or equivalent.
(II) SSC/equivalent certificate (Original) and HSC certificate/Testimonial (Original copy).
(III) Nationality certificate (Original copy) from proper authority.
- All other enclosures must be attested by government class-1 gazette officer-
(I) Photocopy of SSC/ O level and HSC/ A level examination mark sheet/ Academic transcribed.
(II) Photocopy of SSC & HSC/equivalent certified & Testimonial.
(III) 6 passport size and 4 stamp size recent color photograph.
(IV) Admit card of Admission test.
(V) Copy of Admission test result.
(VI) School & College leaving certification/Testimonial from head of institute.
(VII) Application for hostel accommodation (prescribed form).
- Undertaking in a Board: The candidates and their parents/legal guardians are required to sign a board on non judicial stamp paper (Tk-200/-) regarding the terns & condition of study conduct and discipline without submission of such board his/her admission will be incomplete.
- Admission fee, tuition other fess:
- Admission fee: Amount of admission fee (including internship fee) will be declared by Ministry of health and family welfare, peoples republic of Bangladesh. This fee to be paid at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee: Tuition fee for the first 3 month to be paid at the time of admission. Subsequently the fee payable of monthly basis.
- The total duration of MBBS course is 60 month (5 year).
- If any student falls to pass the professional examinations within this scheduled period of time have to continue paying tuition fee and other fess as long as he/she will continue his/her education in this institute.
- Other fees: Hostel lodging, meal charge or any other fees ascribed by Principal or any other authority to be paid by the students in scheduled time.
|Yearly payable session charges are collected at the beginning of the year at one time. All fees paid are non-refundable.
Basic information about MBBS course:
- Name of the course: Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery.
- Duration: 5 years, followed by Internship of 1 year in SAMCH as approved by BM&DC.
- Medium of teaching:
- Examinations: Four professional examinations conducted by Dhaka university.
- Course structure and duration:
The MBBS course is divided into four phases.
|1st phase||1.5 year||Anatomy
|First Professional MBBS|
|2nd phase||1 year||Community Medicine
|Second Professional MBBS|
|3rd phase||1 year||Pharmacology & Therapeutics
|Third Professional MBBS|
|4th phase||1.5 year||Medicine & Allied subjects
Surgery & Allied subjects
Obstetrics and Gynecology
|Final Professional MBBS|
NB: All academic activities including professional examination of each phase must be completed within the specified time of the phase.
- Rules and Regulations for the students:
- Students must observe discipline in college campus. On disciplinary ground any penalties decided by academic council may impose on a student.
- Students are advised to attend classes as per dress code with full sleeve white apron and shoes (for boys) and must carry identity card.
- Socially unaccepted dress up, vests, ornaments, jewelries, cosmetics, unusual hair style, slippers are not allowed in the campus.
- The college and hospital campus is non-smoking zone. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Political activities are not permitted in the campus. Pasting of posters, any writing on walls, distribution of any leaflets are prohibited unless permitted by the authority.
- All types of procession or demonstration in college or hospital premises are not allowed and treated as punishable offence.
- Unauthorized closing of gate or door of college, hospital, department or hostel and creating any obstrucles in normal functioning is considered as gross indiscline. Such offenders are liable to punishment.
- Absence from classes in a mass of individually without permission or prior information and valid reason are punishable. Offender/offenders may pay penalties according to decision of academic council.
- There is no provision of leave for the students except the prescribed holidays.
- Students will convery their problems, grievances or in conveniences to authority through their teaches, phase coordinator or hostel superintendent.
- Hostel superintendents will allot seats on application by the students. No refrigerator, TV, AC or any cooling devices, heater or stove are not allowed in room. No guests or visitors are allowed to stay in room of students.
- Loss of moral and spiritual norms or addiction to alcohol or any drug is punishable offence. The addicted students will be expelled from college.
- The students have to pay the cost who found responsible for the loss/damage of college or hospital properties.
- In any situation decision by academic council will be final.